Kitchen Wallpaper Color Trends 2024
When thinking about what kitchen wallpaper color trends 2024, one should not forget about the harmony of the palettes. After all, the design of the kitchen is not only a planned purchase of a headset, but also the right choice of color schemes in the overall design.
Wallpaper in the kitchen should not only please the owner of the room visually, but also look beautiful against the general background, in harmony with the floor, ceiling, furniture, decor elements and textile accessories.
When choosing the perfect wallpaper for the kitchen, you need to consider the following points:
- Kitchen style (Provence, modern, minimalism, scandi, etc.)
- Color range.
- The area and general configuration of the room.
- Type, quality and properties.
- Compatibility with furniture, kitchen set, decor elements.
- Do not mix more than three color palettes at the same time.
- Creating the right background.
- The location of windows and the degree of illumination.
The right wallpaper color can not only create a stylish design, but also transform even the smallest space, creating a comfortable and favorable environment in the room.
A wallpapered kitchen wall is one of the most effective ways to make a room feel cozier and hide minor flaws. For example, thanks to the right palette of colors and pattern on the wallpaper, you can easily visually expand the space if it is compact.
In a spacious kitchen, it is very easy to combine three or even four tones at the same time, while the room will not seem smaller than it really is. However, it is still better to avoid experiments and give preference to palettes that suit each other. As a rule, the main shade of the kitchen set is the main one, and depending on it, other colors are selected.
Designers advise to “echo” the shades of cabinets and apron, sinks and covers of work surfaces, stoves, refrigerators and smaller items of equipment. This will provide a chance for visual integration of individual kitchen details.
In a large spacious kitchen, you should avoid cold wallpaper palettes, because they are able to emphasize the space, focusing on it. It is best to give preference to warm colors.
In compact kitchens, of course, it is best to give preference to light-colored wallpaper, because it is they who are able to visually make even the narrowest and smallest space wider. Light walls can be complemented with interior details similar in tone: for example, white blinds and beige delicate tulle. Dark colors tend to “hide” the space and visually make the walls narrower.
This will contribute to the natural concentration of light in the room and its expansion. A small kitchen containing a few bright colors will look too colorful and even tasteless.
Ideas and tips when choosing the “right” wallpaper for the kitchen:
- The dark tone of the wallpaper should be chosen if the windows are on the south side. If there is no access to natural light in the kitchen, then it is better to give preference to light colors.
- With pastel colors or any other soft colors on the walls, you should think about the accompanying decor elements that can make the overall picture more expressive.
- Textiles in the kitchen: napkins, tulle and curtains, towels, an apron, potholders should also be in harmony in color with the wallpaper on the walls.
The walls of the kitchen should not be decorated with the following tones, because they can provoke stress and negatively affect the emotional component of the apartment owners:
- bright crimson;
- turquoise color;
- light green;
Beige kitchen wallpaper trends
A beige kitchen is always able to create an overall impression of sophistication and tenderness in an apartment. White-tone wallpapers can perfectly complement the delicate sand set. The room in such a duet turns out to be bright and uplifting.
Milky white color should be avoided, otherwise the overall picture of the interior will become faded and even “dirty”.
In the event that white wallpaper seems too simple for the kitchen, you can opt for snow-white wallpaper with an interesting dark pattern.
Gray walls will look great with beige furniture. Everyone knows that the beige-gray duet in any situation is incredibly harmonious. The room will become very gentle, warm and cozy. The main thing is that both colors are extremely light in their palette.
White is one of the most versatile colors that can be easily associated with any other tone.
If you have a white kitchen set and white furniture, then first of all, when choosing wallpaper, you need to rely on the given style of the room.
A modern furniture set will look great in combination with walls decorated with graphic patterns, stripes, geometry, interesting graffiti or even 3D panorama photo wallpapers. Saturated wallpapers that imitate tiles or brickwork will look very interesting.
Classic pieces of snow-white furniture will look no less stylish in harmony with pastel wallpapers.
Designers advise choosing the most simple light wallpaper with a barely noticeable pattern if the pieces of furniture and sets in the kitchen are very expensive and luxurious (after all, they should be the center of attention).
Wooden sets and wenge colors already look rich in themselves, being the decoration of any kitchen. As a rule, such furniture has a very simple and concise form, the emphasis falls on the very texture of the material.
The most advantageous of all such furniture will look in combination with light wallpaper:
If the headset is made in a warm palette, then the wallpaper can also be faded orange, terracotta, pistachio. Furniture of cold tones will be complemented by lilac and green wallpapers.
In combination with a brown and wooden kitchen, plain wallpaper that is not overloaded with excessive patterns will look best. As a last resort, choose a faded pattern or gold embossing.
It is very easy to understand which wallpaper color to choose for your kitchen so that they become a competent addition to the headset and decor elements. The main thing is to pay attention to the accompanying details: the size of the room, lighting, kitchen set, textiles and, of course, the general style of the room.
- When choosing the color of wallpaper for the kitchen, it is worth remembering that more than 3 palettes should not be present in the room.
- Classic beige wallpaper can complement almost every kitchen, making it cozy and stylish.
- In a small kitchen, it is better to make the walls light, so the space will become visually wider.
- In a large kitchen, cold tones of wallpaper should be avoided.
- A white kitchen can be “diluted” with multi-colored decor elements: textiles, chair cushions, dishes.