The Most Popular Kitchen Chairs in 2024
- Natural materials – it is better to choose a chair frame made of wood or metal.
- It is better to choose a soft chair. At the height of fashion, upholstery covering not only the seats, but also the legs of the model.
- Dark muted colors are in trend, but you can also choose classic beige or bright shades.
- Choose furniture in accordance with the overall style of the apartment. It is good if the chairs fit into the interior of the kitchen and living room.
Popular kitchen chairs in 2024 – what are they? What is the difference? How to choose and not make a mistake with the choice? Unfortunately, when we talk about furniture, few people pay attention to the choice of this piece of furniture. However, to maintain the style of a modern living room, it is simply necessary to take into account the balance of the interior, the color scheme and the overall design idea.
Dining and guest areas in our understanding mean by themselves not only a place for eating. These are places where gatherings with friends, warm family evenings, and sometimes even business meetings are held.
That is why the choice of chairs is extremely important and serious.
- First of all, chairs should have a comfortable fit. A soft seat and an anatomically comfortable backrest with proper support for the spine are very important.
- The second important nuance is the materials of manufacture. They should be non-staining, easy to clean and not absorb odors.
- For small spaces, it is worth giving preference to multifunctional furniture – folding chairs, stools with storage boxes, poufs – transformers.
- The last point worth noting is the choice of colors. It should match the general character of the room.
The main concepts in choosing furniture in 2024 are:
- environmental friendliness;
- neutral colors.
Fashion is cyclical, everything comes back. So in design, the style of the 1970s is gaining ground again, when rounded shapes, arched legs, and wavy backs were at their peak.
Regardless of top trends, when choosing furniture, do not forget about a number of basic rules.
The size of the chairs should not conflict with the overall dimensions of the room. Make sure that their placement will not interfere with free movement or cause discomfort. Also, keep the proportions. The dimensions of the chairs should not differ from the size of other pieces of furniture in the room. Too massive armchairs will look ridiculous next to a coffee table and an elegant chest of drawers.
The height of the seat from the floor should be within 40-45 cm, depending on the height of the table and the household. Calculating the height is easy. The legs of the person sitting should be in a bent state at an angle of 90 degrees, the elbows should be comfortably located on the table. The exception is bar stools. The criterion for their selection is different and has a more extensive list of nuances.
The width of the seat, on average, varies from 45 to 50 cm. If you have a large area of \u200b\u200bthe room, give preference to models that are wider in area. They are comfortable for people of any complexion. However, such chairs may not be comfortable in a small room.
The height of the backrest should correspond to the nature of the room and completely depends on the personal preferences of the owners. However, for guest rooms it is advisable to purchase chairs with a high back. Such models allow you to comfortably spend a lot of time on them due to back support.
- Functionality. The trends of the 2020s dictate lighter models for ease of movement and the ability to integrate them into other rooms. Functionality also implies the use of durable materials that are not easily damaged.
- Environmental friendliness. The whole world is switching to biodegradable, environmentally friendly and natural materials. The furniture industry is no exception. In addition, natural wood will fit perfectly into any design project.
- If the use of wood is alien to you, pay attention to models on a metal frame. Whether you have a minimalist room, loft or even sophisticated decorative-ism, metal chairs with a rounded seat will fit perfectly into your interior.
- Upholstery. Now fully covered with fabric models are in fashion. Not only the back and seat, but even the legs. Such an element creates a special comfort and warmth. If your space involves pollution, food or smells, give preference to eco-leather. Such a coating does not run counter to the concept of environmental friendliness and allows you to expand the choice of colors.
- Soft seat. In addition to the elegant look, these seats are very comfortable and create a warm and friendly atmosphere.
2024 dictates calm tones without bright prints and neon. Although, it should be noted that the boho style with a floral print does not lose ground and even continues to hold the leading bar.
This year, dark shades in the style of minimalism have gained particular popularity. Gray mouse, graphite or even matte black. Such chairs will look best in a contrastingly bright room. However, if your room is decorated in muted colors, you should not escalate the situation and create a gloomy mood. Contrasting beige rounded models or chairs with a floral print will do.
Living room, dining room, meeting room – all these rooms imply the presence of a table, chairs and several people leading small talk. Make sure that you and your surroundings feel comfortable in this environment. Properly selected chairs will create the necessary comfort and warmth, as well as allow the evening to last longer.
If you are guided by the trends of this year, it is worth considering the main nuances:
- rounded shapes;
- dark colors (from shades of gray to matte black);
- maximum upholstery coverage (down to cozy soft legs).
However, do not look only at fashion trends. When buying furniture, first of all, start from the type and design of the room for which it is bought. You should not choose too large chairs in a small room and too small in a huge empty hall. Pay attention to the general style. All pieces of furniture must be in harmony with each other.
If the room allows you to choose a model of free appearance, give preference to soft cozy chairs with a soft seat and upholstery. Choose models with a high anatomical back.
And remember that any furniture, first of all, should bring pleasure to you.